Filed under Health

Are your taste buds missing out?

starbucksCourtney Heiner
There is a secret being kept away from the public, causing many consumers of our great nation the ability to experience all that is offered. Many restaurants, food chains and food places have hidden items that are only available upon request. The public is missing out on so many interesting and tasty options. However it is not just the public, but also employees are unaware of these options. Your favorite place to eat at could be hiding things from you as well.
“My favorite is the returning of the Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino,” said Senior, Elle Ratz. Starbucks, a very popular café that primarily focuses on coffee, is one of the main places that hides some delicious recipes for the public’s view. On #HacktheMenu, there are loads of Frappuccino’s unheard of along with lattes and so many other amazingly secret items. Just recently Starbucks released a secret size of the Mini which is only 10 ounces.
One fascinating iced coffee, by the name of Liquid Cocaine is not offered on the menu, but one can order with the recipe. The recipe is; 4 shots expresso, 4 pumps White Chocolate Syrup, ice to fill in a Grande cup, filled with Milk. Other secret menu items:
o Apple pie Frappuccino
o Butter beer Frappuccino
o Captain crunch berry Frappuccino
o Cinnamon roll Frappuccino
o Caramel snickerdoodle macchiato
o Dirty chai
o Chocolate pumpkin latte
…and many other choices.
“I wish McDonalds had hidden menus so I could get different things and cheaper,” said freshman, Megan Hall. McDonalds is one of the most famous food chains, with it being fast, cheap and easy to find one, one would wonder how McDonalds could be better. Well what only some have discovered is that there are many other options. These are the secret items:
o 2 Cheeseburger Meal
o All American
o Big McChicken
o Biscuits and Gravy
o Chicken McGriddle
o Fries with Big Mac Sauce
o Grilled Cheese
o Land, Sea and Air burger
o Mc 10:35
o McCrepe
o McDonalds Dipping Sauces
o McKinley Mac
o McLeprechaun Shake
o Monster Mac
o Neapolitan Shake
o Pie McFlurry
o Poor Man’s Big Mac
o Root Beer Float
o Strawberry Eggnog Shake
“I feel like chipotle has a hidden menu,” said freshman, Kayla D’Amico. Chipotle is a Mexican grill food chain that offers many delicious Mexican food options. This amazing food chain appeals to all sorts of people and is a common dining place of high school students, as it is easy to order, quick and close by. But what many people may not know is that Chipotle has a secret menu that only few know about and kept it to themselves. This secret menu contains:
o Burritodilla
o Double wrapped burrito
o Extra fillings
o Extra shells
o Fresh cilantro
o Nachos
o Quesadilla
o Quesarito
o Single taco
o Taco salad.
“They have breakfast egg bowl, chicken hummus bowl and Mediterranean chicken salad,” said freshman, Kayla D’Amico. Panera appeals to many people and offers low-calorie and high protein meals that taste great. Panera is an informal dining experience but feels very classy with their wide variety of foods available to order. This secret menu contains:
o Power breakfast egg bowl with steak
o Power breakfast egg white bowl with roasted turkey
o Power chicken hummus bowl
o Power Mediterranean chicken salad bowl
o Power Mediterranean roasted turkey salad
o Power steak lettuce wraps.
“Chick-Fil-A has everything I could ever want,” said sophomore Julie Kearney. Chick-Fil-A is a very popular dining place that is growing in popularity, as it is known for its slogan “Eat Mor Chikin”. Here are the secret items:
o Blueberry cheesecake milkshake
o Buffalo chicken sandwich
o Chicken quesadilla
o Fried chicken club
o Root beer float
o Spicy char
Some food joints are not what they appear, as shown in this article there are many exclusive selections. All one has to do is ask if available and for Starbucks, the recipe may be needed, which one can obtained through googling what drink is desired.