Beauty & The Beast

Disney is one of the most loved movie and televising networks across the globe. Disney has many famous classics that will always have a special place in many hearts. Beauty and the Beast is one of these. Who wouldn’t love the original? The music numbers are known word for word by fans; So the real question is do fans find the live action film to live up to the original? Do they like the additions made to the live action film?

Katlyn Dieter, a junior explained “it was definitely as great as expected. I loved it, but it seemed a little darker than the original. Honestly the original will always be better.” Katlyn has seen every Disney movie you can think of; and she always has the most appreciation for the original.  

In the new movie, new songs were added, that majority of students around the school seemed to really enjoy.

“The song Beast sung when Belle leaves, was definitely my favorite,” said by, sophomore, Megan Kelly. The songs added to the movie surprised many because they were better than expected to fit in.

Not only new songs were added, but Biracial couples, and homosexual scenes were included to emphasis diversity. These things sparked a lot of controversy for the film but it’s still bringing in high amounts of money and fans.

“That scene was hilarious, and if parents didn’t like it, oh well because it happened, and was amazing,” stated, Junior Brendan Wrzesien. He was talking about the scene where a male rioter was dressed up as a female by the dresser and doesn’t run and scream like the others, but actually smiles and enjoys it.

There are many opinions on this live action film, the movie was loved by many yet still, many said the movie was not appropriate for Children. Either way, when the movie was released March 17th 2017, it made $731.50 million USD, and continues to bring in large audiences.