Filed under Uncategorized

Always Room for Improvement

All in all Patterson has a pretty good atmosphere, as it has over twenty clubs including spirit club, and multiple spectacular and supportive teachers and staff. Patterson is also home to many talented artistic students, whose work brings the halls to life. There is always room for improvement, but it seems Patterson is on the up and up with no end in sight.

At the end of every school year students take home a report card which shows both their progress and needed areas of improvement; why shouldn’t schools reflect in the same way?

Sophomore’s Cate Mueller and Natalie Thomas explained some things they would like to see changed next school year, concerning teachers. Cate explained that some teachers expect students to do a lot of self-teaching, and would like to see more review days implemented into the schedule. Natalie expressed that she feels regular classes can vary greatly with the pace at which material is taught and would like to see that changed in the coming school year.

Cate admitted that there are also plenty of things teachers are doing right, including teachers like Dr. Glover. Cate explained, “I love Chem. Because Dr. Glover helps me understand.” She went on to explain Dr. Glover inspired her to go to Chemathon because she made Chemistry fun.

Another upside of Patterson addressed by Natalie is the pep rallies, she explained that they help boost school spirit, and spirit for the homecoming game.

Sophomore Sophia Phillips and Cate both agreed that they love the little surprise events Patterson does, such as having Kona Ice, provided by the PTSA on May 27.

Sophia suggested bringing back husky period and Cate agreed, saying it would help out students who have so much time taken up by sports and jobs. Both girls would also like to see the round tables come back, they liked how they could fit more people and how the tables had chairs.

Every school has both its upsides and downfalls. It is important that area’s for improvement be addressed and for recommendations for such improvement to be heard. A positive work environment and an overall boost in school spirit and mural can help student’s not only have a better high school experience, but also to work more diligently.