Filed under Showcase, Technology

CES: Tech Vibe

Tech journalists, financial analysts, and consumers observe the different booths at CES 2015.
Courtesy of: pcmag.com

Tech journalists, financial analysts, and consumers observe the different booths at CES 2015. Courtesy of: pcmag.com

Every year in January, the official Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is a trade exhibition held in Las Vegas, Nevada, where the tech industry introduces their projects for people such as journalists, financial analysts, and the average consumer to catch a glimpse of the newest developments in consumer technology. CES can influence teens to create and learn about new products.

Many of these world-changing inventions are introduced at this convention. It is the gathering place for all technological innovators who thrive on business of consumer technologies. The convention also showcases more than 3,600 exhibitors, which include many manufacturers, developers and suppliers from consumer technology hardware, and technology delivery systems. People from all around the world come to experience this phenomenon.

CES is a great influence for teens. There are many categories that can be interesting to teens such as Automotive Electronics and Audio.

“I like the new things that are being created for vehicles. The self-driving cars and voice-controlled systems would be very exciting since I am still learning about driving,” states Patrick Kiley, a senior at Patterson Mill.

While Automotive Electronics spark interest, the Audio category is a popular trend among teens as well. “The items produced in this category are great. I like to listen to music a lot so I would be interested in seeing new and unique ways to stream music,” states Rachel Terry, a junior at Patterson Mill.

CES is phenomenal. The most important thing about it is the show itself. It is a truly unforgettable experience showing many examples of what’s to come in the future of 2015. People are blown by the new innovations that they could see next to them in a matter of months.

Raymond Paquin, a mathematics teacher at Patterson Mill states, “CES is a great intervention that should stay for a while. There is more of a hands-on approach and the different companies present at the show so I would be able to learn more and test out the products.” All in all, the Consumer Electronics show is bound to affect and improve our lives.