Filed under Community, Showcase

Macy’s Believe Campaign

The Christmas spirit is rising, and many want to go out and spread the cheer. Macy’s is holding its 9th annual Christmas ‘Believe’ campaign where one can help raise money for children who are ill or have a life threatening diseases. All someone has to do email Macy’s a Christmas letter, or go into your local Macy’s store, and find a huge red mailbox you can drop the letter into.

Mr. Smith, a math teacher at Patterson is not familiar with this campaign. Mr. Smith did say that this campaign sounds great and it’s a good thing that they are donating to “children hospitals or those who have came upon hardships.”

Macy’s will donate $1 for each letter or email to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, until Christmas Eve. Students, Teachers, or Parents can all do this to help grant wishes for children battling serious illnesses.

“Schools should talk about this campaign more. Plus its easy to help those in need. Posters are needed, and it should be mentioned on the morning announcements” Katlyn Dieter,  a junior explained.

There are children all over the world hoping for a chance to beat their severe illness, and this campaign is truly helpful. Macy’s has done this campaign for many years now again this year. Macy’s is introducing the Wish Writer™ stylus and app. Wish Writer provides games and activities for kids, and $1 of the $14.99 purchase price will help grant life-changing wishes.

Children and teenagers can write letters to Santa through the stylus and app, $1 will be donated to the Make-A-Wish foundation for these letters as well, as part Macy’s goal to raise $1 million. In addition, Macy’s will make a $1 donation for every purchase of the full version Wish Writer app. Make-A-Wish grants a wish somewhere in the country every 35 minutes. It has granted more than 270,000 wishes since its inception in 1980; more than 14,800 in 2015 alone. The organization grants wishes through its 61 locations throughout the US.

“I would love to send in a letter. I didn’t know it was that easy to help a child this time of the year. Especially at my young age” said by a Patterson junior, Hunter Mavris. A lot of younger people are realizing that it is so much easier to help raise money, just by sending in a letter to Macy’s’ which goes to the foundation.

The Make-A-Wish Foundation helps spread Christmas cheer to the children who are fighting their hardest during the Christmas season. Everyone of all ages can help, because one can never know what it is like for those who are struggling unless one is. Help grant wishes for children battling serious illnesses, because this organization makes it easy to donate money for those who need it.