What’s Hurting Your iPhone Battery?

Are you having troubles with an annoying iPhone that’s battery always drains very fast? Well there are many things to cut down on and fix so that the iPhones battery life lasts longer. The iPhone provides, and can do many wonderful services to help. However, over using those features can really hurt the phone.

When going to bed, most people let their phones charge overnight. Well experts say that actually leaving your iPhone on the charger for that long is very harmful to the battery, especially if not using the charger apple originally gave you.

“The Charger I use is from Five Below,” Katlyn Dieter, a junior at Patterson said. Using the wrong charger is definitely a huge impact. Apple chargers, when using one, once an iPhone hits 100%, the charger automatically knows to start to cut down the power intake to charge the phone any longer.

Other chargers do not have ability and can cause damage to the batteries ability to store juice. In addition, the annoying “Low Battery” warning should be avoided at all times.

“That warning comes up at least 15 times a day on my phone,” Sarah Dinatale, a junior explained. Experts say that every full discharge of an iPhone slightly wears down the battery. The battery is also very sensitive to heat, and has a comfort zone of 35 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit.

IPhones have lithium-ion polymer batteries. They require protection from being over charged and dis-charged too much. The batteries also suffer from aging very quickly, depending on how you charge your phone.

The battery should be partially charged at “40% to 50% and kept in cool storage” said by Radio-Electronics.com, because that will help increase the life of the battery, due to not overheating. So keep iPhones charged at 40% to 80% full so the battery will not have to discharge and go through being over charged.

Many rumors are believed to help your battery life, and one is closing all of your apps, when doing that is doing the total opposite. When an app is running, the complete drain of battery has not taken place.

“When I’m out with friends, I usually close all my apps. After doing that, it does seem like my phone is dying a lot faster,” freshman, Jae-hoon Choi explained. The draining of the battery from apps mostly happens after they are completely closed. In addition, it helps to keep the phones brightness down, and not have it all the way to the maximum, which requires a lot of energy.

Having iPhones on vibrate also requires a lot of energy, and exactly is a massive power drain. The power comes from a tiny motor inside the iPhone. Instead of just make a sound, the motor has to use more energy and spins to make your phone vibrate.

When having an iPhone, just remember to do all these simple task so you don’t kill your iPhones battery.