Hop into Spring

This year Harford County Public Schools will have a spring break that extends from April 12th until the 17th. Spring break gives students and teachers time to relax, hang out with their family, vacation, and celebrate the Easter holiday. The week-long break from school also helps to give students the extra boost they need in order to finish out the last quarter strong.

It would seem that everyone, students and teachers included are excited to be off school for spring break, including social studies teacher, Mrs. Richardson and sophomores, Lydia Elchik and Tess Schmidt. Lydia explained that it is going to be nice to have off school after not having time off in forever, as there were no previously scheduled days off in the month of March.

While looking forward to this year’s Spring break, many people recall their favorite spring break memories. Tess Schmidt’s favorite memory is going to the pool and Lydia’s is, when she participated in an Easter egg hunt and found twenty dollars inside of an egg.

“We celebrate Easter; it’s kind of a big deal at my house, especially with the kids.” Mrs. Richardson explained.

Mrs. Richardson said that Saturday night, before Easter, her kids put jellybeans in the garden and in the morning, she replaces them with lollipops, which the Easter Bunny supposedly magically grows overnight. On Easter morning, bunny feet lead to her children’s baskets and to celebrate the holiday Mrs. Richardson, her husband and children have brunch with her parents and in the afternoon, her husband’s family comes over.

Tess’s family, like many, are taking the opportunity to travel over the long break and are heading, “to Texas to see {her} cousin get baptized.”

Other students are using the break to just chill and unwind, such as Elchik. She explained, “I’m going to watch A LOT of Netflix, and go shopping.”

Spring break gives students the opportunity to spend time with family and take a much-needed break from school; and teachers can stop worrying about their work responsibilities for a week and instead, make memories with their families.