Upcoming Marvel Movies

2017 and 2018 are going to be exciting years for Marvel fans, as many new movies are going to be released over the span of the two years. Most of the movies coming out are following installments to already existing films. The list of movies being released includes Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2, Black Panther, and Infinity War, along with a second part to Infinity War, which is currently unnamed. The release of these movies has given many casual watchers and intense fans mixed feelings.

Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 is a sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy being released later this year on May 5. In this film, the group of heroes that came together in the first movie go on an adventure to find the parents of their leader, Peter Quill. The first film was a hit, and many people liked it.

“I thought it was really funny and surprisingly different from the usual Marvel movies.” Says Sarah Petersen, Patterson Mill High School freshman.

Since the first movie went over so well, people have high expectations for the second one.

“I expect it to be a funny expansion of the existing universe. I also expect the stakes to be higher for the characters.” Sarah states.

“[I expect] good humor. New characters, new threats.” Says Quinn Nowakowski, a Patterson Mill High School freshman.

However, some people are worried that Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 will be used for purposes other than enjoyment.

“I think it’s going to be a really good movie based on the first one but I am a bit worried about what the writers will do with the plot. I hope they don’t just use it as a promotion for the Infinity War movies because if they do then the plot will probably not be very good.” Says Cordy Keeley, a Patterson Mill High School freshman who considers herself a hard-core fan.

Black Panther is another Marvel film, but it will be released in 2018. The film is about T’Challa Udaku (who is also the Black Panther), king of Wakanda, a country in the Marvel Universe that is highly technologically advanced. He must protect Wakanda from both outside and inside forces that want to destroy it. As Black Panther was introduced in one of Marvel’s latest movies, Captain America: Civil War, people have already been given a taste of his personality.

“I love him so much and everything they’re doing with his character.” States Cordy.

Although some people are excited for the film, others worry about its purpose.

“It could be either phenomenal or awful depending on if they try to actually make it a movie or just get people excited for Infinity Wars.” Cordy says, once again worried about the true motivation behind the movie.

Other people don’t feel so kindly toward Black Panther.

“Black Panther is my least favourite character. It’s too confusing whether he’s good or bad.” States Quinn.

There are also people who don’t have any special feelings or high expectations.

“I’ll probably watch it to keep up with the expansion of the Marvel Universe.” Sarah states.

Infinity Wars is the movie that fans are most eager to see. In the two-part adventure, the Avengers, along with characters from other parts of the Marvel Universe go up against Thanos, a cruel villain that wants to take over the world.

People are extremely excited for it, even though the first installment doesn’t come out until May of 2018.

“I feel like Infinity War is going to be a fantastic movie.” Quinn says.

“I’m super excited but I’m also very nervous because with a project this big, it is very easy to botch.” Cordy says.

“I am really excited! It looks as if it will try to include more heroes and characters in one movie than Marvel has done before. I have high expectations for how it’ll handle the concept of how multiple characters who have never met before will meet.” Says Sarah.

Prior knowledge, however, is giving some people mixed feelings.

“I think it will be a great movie. Honestly I am so nervous because I don’t want Captain America (Chris Evans) to die. I know Chris Evans only has a six movie contract, and the second part to Infinity Wars would be his seventh. I am kind of expecting one of my favourite characters to die, unfortunately.” Cordy explains.

There are more movies being released than just these, and lots of fans along with regular watchers are eagerly awaiting them with different thoughts are regards towards them. Only one thing is certain though: Nobody can know for sure how the movies will turn out, but they are being placed under a lot of pressure from all sides.