Filed under Uncategorized

Summer Bucket List: The Cure for Boredom

Summer. Its wait stretches out for what feels like more than a school year but instead multiple years. We can all agree the wait feels like torture when you are desperately seeking for a long vacation where you can finally relax to your full content. And What happens when it finally arrives? You run out of plans. Becoming disappointed of your life and bored with no sense in doing anymore. But sulk no more! Some special activities will be mentioned here for you to get inspired and motivated.

“The best way to make a bucket list is to type up the those things to do for the whole family or just you and cut it into strips. Then you can pop them into a jar and pick one out whenever boredom strikes! Ever since I began doing that 2 summers ago,summer vacation has been more fun than ever.” Says Shelby Young, a student at Patterson Mill High School when asked about summer boredom and her own bucket list. One of the many summer goals of Shelby’s is to Watch a movie in the garden…

Did you know how easy it can be to set up an outdoor cinema in the garden? All you need is a white sheet and a projector:

• Hang a white sheet on a washing line and peg in place.
  • Position your projector, so the film is perfectly aligned on the sheet.
  • Add blankets, cushions and popcorn – then sit back and relax.

“If you don’t have a projector, place a torch behind the sheet and aim it to the back of the sheet. Then, let the kids stand behind the sheet to create a shadow and tell a story. It’s just wonderful!” Shelby Young exclaims. Or you could  just simply watch a movie on you mobile device outside.

While others prefer to have a magical summer night with a movie at the garden, Others prefer having fun by being active. “Summertime is always the best of what might be, you know? So why not try to be at my best this summer? It would be fun to do something fitness related that I actually would enjoy compared to something that I would dislike doing and doesn’t give me the same effect.” says Mrs. Sherwood, a substitute/art teacher at Patterson Mill High School.  Mrs. Sherwood suggest something like Doing a colour run where you’ll sail through a colourful 5k in 4 weeks. “While you’re running all you see is a rainbow of colors, I love it!” Mrs. Sherwood states.

On the other hand others want to do a little bit of both. “Sometimes I wish we had more vacation days because let’s be honest, I wasn’t made for winter. I need my flip flops and a good break where I can finally feel the warmth of the sun even if i burn instead of tan. That’s why I would prefer to do something where I can walk around and enjoy the moment, where I can just make memories and cherish them.” says Emma Hardy another student at Patterson Mill High School. Emma thinks that one of the best things to do over the summer is Planning a stargazing night… Enjoying those long summer nights by taking a peaceful walk and starwatcher is definitely a way to wind down after an adventurous day. “If you’re lazy like me you could just transform an outdoor makeshift cosy bed and get a free printable of the constellations to spot in the night sky instead of actually walking and trying to remember which is which.”

Some other memorable mentions are:

• Picking your own fruits and vegetables… It’s a great way to eat healthy and do something messy without getting anyone angry. Then, once at home, you and the fam can cook up a storm with your fruit and vegetable haul.

• Host an afternoon tea party…Throw a tea party fit for the Queen or King (yourself) without the hefty price tag to pay in the own comfort of your own home.

• Visit a National Trust site…You could see the best of Britain on a budget at one of the top Nation Heritage sites. You could get the chance to visit castles and stately homes plus enjoy the huge range of events on the offer.

• Make marble mugs… You could give that plain colored kitchenware a cool marble effect using nail polish and water to instantly update it for summer.

• Spruce up the garden...If your garden is in need of a revamp, make it your summer project. Give it a mini makeover!

• Go to a festival…Put on your cutest pair of sandals and dance like a music festival pro!

• Cross-stitch a piece of art…Get crafty with a cross-stitching project or other easy weekend craft ideas and use them to decorate your home or give away as homemade gifts. You could even sell them!

• Make your own beauty products…If female,Why not treat yourself to a relaxing afternoon of pampering with a few DIY beauty hacks?

• Make a water park in the garden…Make the most of the sunny weather with a DIY water park in the garden. Build your own slip and slide with plastic, or have the ultimate water balloon fight.

And last but not least…Going on a family road trip!

Summer isn’t summer without a road trip! Jump in the car and go explore what the country has to offer – head to the seaside or visit a heritage site – and make sure to entertain yourself along the way with fun family games.

Think you’ve had enough? If not check out on social media Summer Bucket Lists and I will assure you, your head will explode with ideas! So get up, research, good luck and have fun! May everyone have a great summer…