Coffee Coffee: a small business with big potential

Coffee Coffee in the Festival of Bel Air.

Emily Huddler

Emily Huddler

When most people want a coffee, they head straight to Dunkin’ Donuts or Starbucks, but have you ever considered giving a local small business a shot? You may be surprised. Coffee Coffee is located in the Festival of Bel Air. They offer lunch foods, bakery snacks, hot and cold drinks, and other gift shop items. Coffee Coffee expanded a few months ago and made a brand new and clean look.

Coffee Coffee offers a wide variety of drinks just like you would see at a coffee franchise, but it doesn’t taste like a classic Dunkin’ Donuts iced coffee. It has a rich taste that leaves you wanting more. Coffee costs around $2 to $3 depending on your size. At Coffee Coffee, a table is set up so that customers can add their own cream and sugar as needed. This is useful for some who like a little more or a little less than having to order the ‘cream and sugar’ at Dunkin’ Donuts or Starbucks and having to be content with how much you get. Coffee Coffee also has a good selection of food and bakery items. They offer some unique items like chicken salad wraps and quiche. The chicken salad wrap tasted homemade and had a rich flavor that paired well with the flour tortilla. The chicken salad was also available with wheat bread or lettuce. The prices of the lunch items were rather expensive, however, which is a downside. The bakery items consisted of bagels, cookies, muffins, and more. The bakery had more reasonable prices than the lunch items. The bagels were a little tough, but the cream cheese was delicious. The muffins had unique flavors like black bottom and cappuccino chocolate chip. Coffee Coffee offers more complex food items while Dunkin’ Donuts has more generic donuts and breakfast sandwiches. Not only does Coffee Coffee offer good food and drinks, they sell t-shirts, mugs, water bottles, bags of coffee, and some Maryland themed gifts.

The setting in Coffee Coffee is fantastic. It has a modern, clean, yet homey feel. The lighting is very relaxing. The setup has many small tables with two or three chairs, a small bar with four or five stools, and one big table with eight chairs. This set-up allows you to get together comfortably with a couple of friends or even bring several friends to get some homework done. It’s a great environment for getting work done because it’s never typically too busy or too loud. The background music playing was amazing, it had classic hits that ranged from the 60’s to the 80’s. This music was so relaxing and added to the overall aesthetic that Coffee Coffee brings. The staff is also very nice. You are greeted with a hello by an employee as soon as you walk in and they are patient when you’re deciding what you want. You don’t have to wait long for your orders. The layout and environment of Coffee Coffee is an aspect of their recent expansion.

Coffee Coffee brings many different aspects like unique food, the modern setting, and the friendly staff. Small businesses are important to support as well. Next time you need a caffeine boost, try out Coffee Coffee!