Filed under Reviews

Cardi B proves “She Bad” in new album Invasion of Privacy

The+song+%E2%80%9CBodak+Yellow%2C%E2%80%9D+a+remake+of+Kodak+Black%E2%80%99s+song+%E2%80%9CNo+Flockin%2C%E2%80%9D+is+featured+in+Invasion+of+Privacy.++This+song+was+globally+enjoyed+and+constantly+played+on+the+radio+everywhere.++
The song “Bodak Yellow,” a remake of Kodak Black’s song “No Flockin,” is featured in Invasion of Privacy.  This song was globally enjoyed and constantly played on the radio everywhere.

The song “Bodak Yellow,” a remake of Kodak Black’s song “No Flockin,” is featured in Invasion of Privacy. This song was globally enjoyed and constantly played on the radio everywhere.

The Bronx rapper, Belcalis Amamzar, also known as, Cardi B, has never failed to put 100% of herself out to the public. She shows this in her new album Invasion of Privacy that defeats all the other pieces she’s been featured in, songs such as “No Limit,” with G-Eazy, “Motorsport,” with Nicki Minaj and Migos, and “Finesse,” with Bruno Mars. She first got her big break after her hit song “Bodak Yellow.” This song is featured in Invasion of Privacy.

Cardi B took up the spotlight as soon as her single, “Bodak Yellow” was released in June of 2017. It went multi-platinum and reached No. 1 on the billboard hot 100 chart, making her the first female solo rapper to do this. This song gave her the opportunity she wanted as a female rapper. This song was inspired by Kodak Black, a famous rappers song, “No Flockin.” The worldwide reaction to this song was incredible, almost everyone across the globe enjoyed it. Invasion of Privacy features artists such as Migos, Chance the Rapper, SZA, Kehlani, and 21 Savage.

“Drip,” featuring Migos embraces the things that people think hip-hop is all about. Cardi B and Migos take turns on rapping about their fame, their jewelry, and their wealth. “Drip,” is an upbeat song that embraces the hip-hop culture. When Migos say “came through dripping,” they mean that they were wearing so much jewelry that they were “dripping” diamonds. This song is a song that anybody can learn the lyrics to, since it’s mainly repetition of the same ones, which makes it very enjoyable. Cardi really shows she’s at the top of her career, but she hasn’t always been there.

The song “Get up 10,” reveals how hard Cardi has been chasing to get to the point in her life that she is in now, a successful rapper, who is now, financially stable. She mentions how she used to strip for money, and now she makes money from something she loves, rapping. She says “went from making tuna sandwiches to making the news.” This shows that she has come a long way from where she was in her past in such a short amount of time. This song is really personal because she takes listeners through the steps she went through to get where she is now and it shows her perseverance and how she hasn’t given up.

The song “Be Careful,” fires many shots on a relationship Cardi B was/ is in that involved her getting cheated on. Many believe this song could be seen as a warning to her fiancé Offset, a rapper from the group Migos. She says, “Man, I thought you would’ve learned your lesson. ‘Bout liking pictures, not returning texts.” This lyric means that her partner would like other girl’s pictures before answering her texts. “Be Careful” is one of the slower songs on the album. It really captures the emotion and pain she felt during times of hurting after someone wasn’t faithful to her. She also mentions, with a simile that her heart is like a package with a fragile label on it and she says, “Be careful with me,” meaning that she gets hurt easily and she wants respect in a relationship. In this song, she proves that she is still figuring out her style of rap, because she is new to the industry. This song happens to be more melancholic than the others because she pushes away the hip-hop stigma and shows her feelings. This song is very different than others, which include her talking about her money.

Cardi B’s song “She Bad,” shows off her wealth by repeating the same lyrics that people may consider bragging. She repeats the words “Gucci Bag” over and over. Its known that Gucci is very expensive and only people with good wealth can afford it. She also mentions how she is bad, meaning she’s got it all and she isn’t to be messed with. The song goes very fast and repeats a lot of the same lyrics. It features the American rapper YG. He repeats words “she bad” and “Gucci bag,” hinting that this is what Cardi B is all about.

Invasion of Privacy shows that Cardi B really outdid herself compared to previous pieces of music. The album includes a variety of styles with her rapping. She provides her audience with her true emotions, but also with her seeming as if she’s on the top of her career. Invasion of Privacy is mostly upbeat and energetic,  making it easy for listeners to enjoy. This album is highly recommended across the world. There is something for everybody.