Filed under Personal Profiles

Teacher Spotlights: Hard working teacher Anna Gardner sadly retires

Mrs.+Gardner+loves+to+sail+as+one+of+her+hobbies.+After+retirement%2C+sailing+is+one+of+the+many+thing+she+is+planning+on+doing.+
Mrs. Gardner loves to sail as one of her hobbies. After retirement, sailing is one of the many thing she is planning on doing.

Anna Gardner, a loved teacher by many peers, plans on substituting after she is retired. Mrs. Gardner assists teachers during their class and helps students understand the topics they are focusing on in class. “ I enjoy teaching and it breaks my heart to leave, but I will be coming back to substitute.” Many of her students did not know about her hobbies and activities she does out of school. Along with substituting after retirement, she loves to camp, sail, read, and crochet in her free time. 

Her students will be very sad to see her leave, included one of her students, Alivia Boddy. Alivia Boddy, 9th grader, adores Mrs. Gardner. “I am so sad to hear she is leaving. Mrs. Gardner sets off a good vibe and has such an amazing personality.” Alivia is going to miss her funny jokes and her smiles. “When I am in a bad mood, Mrs. Gardner always cheers me up.” Alivia enjoys Mrs. Gardner’s presence and is very sad to see her spend her last couple of weeks at Patterson Mill.

Mrs. Gardner has been teaching for 37 years, 13 years in Baltimore County and 24 years in Harford County. She sees herself in 5-10 years,  “enjoying life and not feeling old.” Even though she is sad to be leaving, she would make a suggestion for incoming teachers to make sure, “The students see the real you and to make sure you treat each student as one of your own.” Mrs. Gardner loves seeing the kids she has taught graduate and succeed through their school years. “Seeing kids that I have taught makes me extremely proud knowing that I have had a place in their lives teaching them and helping them.” Students and faculty will miss Mrs. Gardner dearly and wish her the best in her retirement.