Unleash your inner artist and join Mrs. C’s art camp

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mrs. C helping student (Elise Alders) with her painting and teaching her techniques.

Our art teacher, Mrs. Comoglio (Mrs. C) holds a summer art program that not only takes students further into their art exploration, but they also visit museums, hold guest lecturers, schedule open studio time, and experience more of what the art world has to offer.

The art program is held in five sessions at Harford Community College from July 30th to August 3rd. Each session is from 9 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon. The camp is from Monday through Friday. The camp is open to anyone from 9th grade to 12th grade and is great to do if you’re looking to expand your art portfolio.

“I’m so excited to see what we’re going to do at the summer art camp. I love art so much and I’m just looking forward to add more work to my art portfolio,” says Grace Tasel, a student that is joining Mrs. C’s summer art program. “I started my art program because it has always been my dream to have my own art studio and teach in the same way that I grew up in the art studio that I went to,” says Mrs. C. “I knew I wanted to be an art teacher since I was in ninth grade. My ninth grade art teacher told me I had talent and he was such an inspiration to me and as I was going through high school I knew that this was what I wanted to do. I wanted to bring out something in people that they didn’t know they had.”

“[We] paint and draw on location and we use a variety of different materials,” says Mrs. C about what activities they do during the summer camp. All of the programs Mrs. C teaches are: Art Explorers, Art through Observation, Painting Playdates. However, Portfolio Development and Visual Journaling is strictly for high schoolers.  In conclusion, if you feel as if you’re just going to sit around all day during the summertime, why not just join Mrs. C’s summer art camp at HCC and develop a keen sense for various art skills and unleash your inner artist potential.